iOS 3.1 HELP! 3.1.1 is annoying

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by S3N70R, Sep 19, 2009.

1. S3N70R

S3N70R Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey I just upgrade to 3.1.1 for my ipod touch and all my games that i bought from itunes are not working. Also I was wondering what the restore button does. I know it gets rid of videos, notes, games, music and pictures but will it also get rid of 3.1.1. I was guessing it would since it says it will return the ipod to factory settings which would be 2.9 or somthing, something before 3.0. But i wanted to make sure it would get rid of 3.1.1 before I restored it. BTW i have a Ipod touch 2gen w/ 16GB. thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Restoring does change it to factory settings, but then it installs 3.1.1, plus your music and videos. Go ahead and hit restore, its not a big deal, and it will probably fix your problems as well.
  3. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you could shift-restore if you have the fireware...
  4. S3N70R

S3N70R Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do you do that and whats the difference between doing that and just restoring it? Also if I get rid of 3.1.1 is there a way i can get 3.0
  5. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Holding down the shift button and clicking the restore button with your mouse while your ipod touch is connected will bring up a box kind of like the "save" or "open" boxes you get when you want to save or open something on your computer. Then you'd have to enable the view of hidden files and folders in folder settings and go to your documents and go to app data>roaming>apple computer>itunes>ipod software updates and then select the ipod touch firmware. Since you've downloaded 3.1.1 it will be the only one on there. You need to ask a friend or find it online and download it, then place it in that folder and do what i mentioned above to restore to an older firmware.
  6. dc5dugg

dc5dugg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have a 64GB touch 3g that was preloaded with 3.1.1 and i'm having the same problem. how do i fix this since it seems like its not possible to downgrade?
  7. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

this is also happening to me!!! and my purchased songs are not playing either. podcasts play fine though... what gives!?!?!
  8. S3N70R

S3N70R Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was going to call Apple and see what they suggest. Although i think i'll leave out the part about jailbreaking it.
  9. dc5dugg

dc5dugg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think i found out what the problem/issue was... i got apps under different itunes accounts and the conflicting accounts was causing this. i did a restore and made sure to sign in with only 1 account and it works fine now.

see this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245381
  10. S3N70R

S3N70R Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I only have one itunes account so that can't be it.