Help 2g is broken! Please! HELP!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Heffe, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was jailbreaking my friends ipod and later I had to leave so I told him what to do and he did it right and he had cydia and installer on his 2g ipod and was all happy then he opened cydia and it was like upgrading and that spinny wheel thing was going on and on so he left it like that and went to sleep. Then he thought nothing was happening so he held Home and power then just home (dfu mode) then the screen went all white. then black again. So he tried to recover it in itunes but it said he didn't have the latest firmware.. and when he plugs into computer it doesn't pick up then he does dfu mode and it picks it up. but he can't upgrade to a new firmware it like isn't avaliable.. So now when he plugs it in and does dfu mode it doesn't even go white.. We've tried everything!! Please help we don't care if it's jailbroken anymore we just want it back to normal factory settings!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yous so screwed, might as well buy a new one.........unless you want to take the risk of putting it into dfu mode correctly....
  3. ShaluTanay

ShaluTanay Guest

Hi , i am d new member here, really there is huge ammount of knowladge in this forum but iam little bit confused to
    understand it's nevigation..

4. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oh alright I'll help.....You got a thing called the Spinning Wheel of Doom, simply do this....

Posted by: Spoonforknife
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51458&highlight=spinning wheel death
  5. metsfan913

metsfan913 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go into DFU mode, then go into iTunes. Do Shift+Click Restore. Then find this:
    Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates and then find the newest firmware and click it. That should restore it properly.
  6. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    that sucks
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

what he said.