Help: 2G iPhone Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alchemist0, Jun 4, 2010.

1. alchemist0

alchemist0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    A friend of mine gave me his 2G iphone because it was having problems. I figured I would take a look at it and it could be an easy fix. The problem is it's either stuck on the "Connect to Itunes" icon/ "Slide for Emergency". Or when I try DFU it's just the connect to itunes. The problem is on the 3 computers I've tried it on, itunes never recognizes the iphone. Another issue, I originally thought the dock connector didn't work because whenever I plugged it in it never seemed to recharge. The other day I noticed I had turned it off and when I plugged it in it turned right on but it's still only goes to the connect to itunes/ slide for emergency screen. I figured this is a software issue but I can't figure out where to go from here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need a simcard to activate it. The phone is curently locked
  3. alchemist0

alchemist0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I put my sim card from my 3G and still get the same screen. Also i noticed there's no sound when I plug it into the computer. Any other advice?
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think the 3g sim cards work because the 2g iPhone can't receive the 3g signal just Edge. If not hacktivate it with something like Redsn0w or Blackra1n
  5. alchemist0

alchemist0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i tried another sim card and that didn't work. i don't i can get it to work with blackra1n because i don't think my computers even recognize it