Help! :-( ... 1st Post!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by DjPhreeze, Aug 20, 2009.

1. DjPhreeze

DjPhreeze New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good Morning all!

Please Register or Log in to view images

1st post ...

I have a 2G 16GB iPod Touch, running v3.0 using the latest iTunes (The one it prompted me to download around 2 weeks ago!) and is fully JB'd.

I was messing around on it last night, removing various themes via Cydia that I didnt want anymore - and I removed around 3 one after another, and when I pressed 'Home' to exit out of Cydia the iPod reset itself and now when I switch on just gives me the silver apple logo! RAHHHH!

Now, I have read a couple of threads on here (http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231399) where people say 'restore', 'DFU Restore' etc ... I havent had chance to see if the PC recognises it as yet as was late waking up, and typically I'm away for the weekend this evening so would like to be able to fix this pretty soon when I get in.

Can any one give me a sure-fire answer on how to sort this out? I take it I will have to re-JB etc ...

Thanks in advance,

G!

Edit;
    I did just read in another thread to put into DFU and it should work as below,

1.)Turn on your iPod.
    2.)Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down).
    3.)After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (Do I need to plug in the USB cable here?)
    4.)After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
    5.)Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
  2. ~raF

~raF Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    your iPod should be connected from the beginning, i doubt it will work when you plug it in at step 3,

but yeh i'm not a pro
  3. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I believe DFU works whether you're connected or not. But the one thing I'm sure of is that plugging it in half way through is not a good idea.
  4. DjPhreeze

DjPhreeze New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so I will try the above steps when I get home then and see if that works plugging it in straight away!

Please Register or Log in to view images

How woudl DFU work if you are not plugged in as surely your need the interaction with the PC to restore? Or perhaps the above steps would just skip the apple logo and help kick my iPod into gear ...

I take it step 5 of 'restoring' will actually reset back to factory settings etc? Un-JB'd and with all my apps and music gone? or is this why iTunes does the 'backup'?

Sorry - newbie here ...
  5. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You'll definitely be un-jb'd but other than that everything will still be intact.
  6. DjPhreeze

DjPhreeze New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks!

Thanks for the replies and help with this guys!

When it happened I thought 'Oh sh!t, my GF is going to kill me' as it was a birthday present I got 2 weeks ago!

I will give it ago and let you know how I get on anyway ...
  7. Parablank

Parablank Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Wait a few minutes. Some Cydia apps make you shut down your iPod.
  8. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your ipod will go into DFU mode weather its plugged in or not unless the battery is dead. but just keep it connected and you will know when your in dfu mode because windows will make that usb connected sound. idk what it would be for mac