help 1.1.3 downgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Renegade, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ok well I'm trying the new dev team 1.1.4 and I was on 1.1.3. I'm trying to downgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1. So I already have the 1.1.1 file and the 1.1.2 file. I just tried the 1.1.1 file and it keeps saying I'm unable to restore. Then I did the 1.1.2 file and it says the same thing. I just restored from 1.1.3 and now I can't do anything. The only option I have to do is upgrade to 1.1.4 because the other 2 won't work and I don't want to do that. Yes I physically pressed the buttons put it in restore mode and itunes saw my. I pressed shift and restore because check for update wasn't available. Now I'm screwed. Please help me.
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Did you do this when you tried to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

1. Connect the iPod touch to a computer.
    2. If iTunes does not open automatically when the iPod touch is plugged in, manually open iTunes.
    3. On the iPod touch, press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button.
    4. When the red slider (Power OFF option) appears, just ignore it. Keep holding both buttons.
    5. When the Apple logo appears, let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.
    6. After few seconds, you should see the iTunes logo and a USB image. Let go of the home button now.
    7. iTunes should detect the iPod touch in Recovery mode. Click "OK" on the pop-up window.
    8. Now shift+click on the Restore button to find the firmware 1.1.1. Then hit OK.
    9. ITunes should start extracting and downgrading once the firmware is selected.
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

I did all of that exactly how you said it and what it did is when it got done extracting my file it said I couldn't restore. I don't know why either. So is it possible to downgrade from 1.1.4 because it allows me to upgrade to it if I would like to.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, I just upgraded to 1.1.4 and I still can't downgrade. I forgot for a second that there is still Zipod considering the dev team's is just a soft jailbreak. Nothing against them at all because they worked very hard and their jailbreaks helped me out before but I think I'll wait a little bit for ziPod and then jailbreak it.

Just to verify it will be possible for me to jailbreak via 1.1.4 on ziPhone or zipod correct?
  5. tootricky

tootricky New Member

hi, I think you can but you might need to search a bit