Help 1.1.2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by welshboy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well i had this probelm before, when i was running windows xp, and i managed to run the jailbreak on my dads vista pc. And i was running 1.1.2 jailbreak fine, then i upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbroke that using Nates method, but people said to re-do it using the official method, so thats what im doing... and now im stuck as i cant jailbreak 1.1.2, i done oktoprep on 1.1.1 and then updated using the f.w for 1.1.2 i downloaded, works fine, then i closed iTunes and all the processes etc, and run the 1.1.2 jb, and it says
    "cannot connect to your device: Please unplug your ipod/iPhone"... etc
    ive tried both 1.1.2 jailbreaks (dont know the version numbers, but one has one button called "jailbreak" and the other has 2 buttons, "jailbreak" and "boot from recovery" and neither of them seem to work... ive also tried the iPhuc program that comes with one of them and that just says "waiting for iPhone." Any ideas? i had this problem before, but then i let the program run for a min or two and it started jailbreaking it:S but ive left it run for about 10 mins now and still no difference...
    Help would be greatly appreciated. Also if possible and im still stuck could someone who knows alot about jailbreaking pm me their msn and we can chat over msn?
    Thanks
  2. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Have you tried..........restarting the computer?
  3. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah, twice, ill try again now...
  4. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

OK

Another thing you can try, before connecting iPod; Go into task manager, find anything with iPod, apple, itunes in it, and end task on them.
  5. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah, re-booted and it didnt work, and yeah i know i always close the all the processes relating to ipod and itunes etc... still doesnt work though:S

EDIT : Ill try uninstalling and then re-installing java now...
  6. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Umm this sounds odd, but..Try a different USB port
  7. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    nop, didnt work, ive tried both versions of the jailbreak on all 6 usb ports... nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks for your help
  8. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sorry for double post, but it seems that the programs all recognise if i change the ipod to recovery mode (holding down power and home buttons)... and then they say you can only jailbreak after installing oktoprep, but once i take it out of recovery mode it just says cannot connect, or waiting for iPhone etc...

EDIT : Is there a service i need to start? thats maybe not started or something?:S
    I just find it weird that i can use iPhuc when the ipod is in recovery mdoe, i can restart it etc and it knows that its connected, but as soon as i restart into normal mode it doesnt find it:S
  9. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    nevermind, the same fix i used before worked this time too, all i did was restore to 1.1.1 using my pc, and then jailbroke it etc, then i updated to 1.1.2 using another pc running the same version of itunes, then i jailbroke it using that same pc... works fine, going to download the 1.1.3 jailbreak now