Hello :)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by tgp1994, Mar 26, 2010.

1. tgp1994

tgp1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there everyone. This is just another member introduction topic, but if you happen to be able to help with JailBreaking iTouch 3G 32gig 3.1.3 models, keep scrolling, please

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, to describe my self a bit, I have quite an interest in software engineering. I haven't done much with it, and can only code in C++ with the guided help of a tutorial. But I think I'm gaining interest in device communication, so this could possibly be a fun experience

Late last night, I decided that it was about time to JailBreak my iTouch 3G 32 gig. So I opened up iTunes, thinking that it was best to do a firmware update first. (To close any bugs or holes, much to my lack of knowledge, one that would be important to me...) And thus, I installed the 3.1.3 firmware. So I then began googling on how to JailBreak iTouchs. After trying many utilities, I found out that you're basically screwed at 3.1.3. Now I would have to disagree with that. It seems like there should be SOME way to go back to my 3.1.2, (yes, I've tried the firmware reset trick in iTunes, but it complaines about it being illigitimate,) but I cannot seem to get it to work.

So I guess my question would be if I could get my hands on a crackable SHSH file.

And it's nice to meet everyone!
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    There is no way for you to go back to 3.1.2. SHSH blobs are unique to each device, you can't 'crack' them.
    You have no option but to wait for the new Jailbreak.
  3. tgp1994

tgp1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Which won't be out till July sometime

And I thought it would be nice if they made a crack for iTunes, or even a program that overrided everything and force-installed the firmware onto the iPod.
  4. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Welcome!! Make sure you visit the rules, and like Shawa said, you are currently stuck.