Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Serani, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Serani

Serani New Member

Hello folks. I'm new to the forums here and, in fact, new to iPods, in general. For the last few years I was using a Palm T|X. My husband went over to Blackberry, and I went to the touch. I love it. It does everything my Palm did and way more.

I'm an organizational freak, though, and am looking forward to jailbreaking my 2G touch. If nothing else, I really want to better organize my icons and the like.

I'm not new to hacking around with my system. I run windows on my desktop PC because I'm a gamer and it's still tough to get the MMOs to run well in Linux. Intel/AMD based pc's are my thing because I like to build them.

ANYway, what's the BEST place to start for jailbreaking the 2G? As you can see, I'm running the current 2.2 firmware. Thanks a bunch!
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Welcome to the forums. Check out the Redsn0w forum with various tutorials, videos, and tools that will help you jailbreak. I suggest using RedTool.
  3. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Read the rules and search before you post a new thread.

Welcome!
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hello. As Shaq said, redTool is probably the most user-friendly jailbreak tool out there. It's for a tethered jailbreak, and is available Windows-only.

Make sure to check out everything here, you made the right choice by choosing the iPod touch over the BlackBerry (My family has one BlackBerry, two iPod touches, and two iPod nanos, and the touch rules them all

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  5. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch