Hello

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Malifforas, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Malifforas

Malifforas New Member

Hello, Ive been reading on the forum a few days and decided to join to say hello. I ordered my 2g a few days ago and it should be in within a week-two weeks so im excited.

So from reading here past few days, I should upgrade to 2.2 when I get it and hopefully the jailbreak will be out when I get it.

Few questions about that though, it says there is a chance if "Bricking" or whatever it is, which is basicly dead ipod, What is the chance of that happening?

As well are there any other downsides to this other than the warranty going void?
  2. InvisibleMan

InvisibleMan New Member

I would say that this thread should of been posted in the INTRODUCTIONS in "The lounge" but.. .. ..
  3. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You should upgrade to 2.2. The Jailbreak will be able to run on both 2.1.1 and 2.2. There is no chance of bricking your ipod. If something goes wrong in the jailbreak process, then just restore your ipod on itunes and try again. Jailbreaking does void your warranty, but if you just restore to factory settings, Apple cannot tell that it was jailbroken. Welcome to the forum, BTW.
  4. Malifforas

Malifforas New Member

Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

I figured since i also had questions I wouldnt create multipule threads and would post it where I thought the questions would go.