Hello to all!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wuzz Ranger, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

Well as you guest it, I'm new to the Ipod Touch 2g world. As a matter of fact, this is my first Ipod ever. What are some of the first things that I should do to my Ipod Touch? I do know what jailbreaking is and will perform that once I find out the correct post that will walk me through it. If anybody has any tips and tricks, links, please throw them my way. Any help is appreciated.

Also, any applications that are a must have, please list them as well.

Thanks to all and I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Best Regards,

Ranger
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are stickies in the sections for iPod touches that help a lot. I would check those out.

Also, use redsn0w 0.3 to jailbreak your iPod 2G.
  3. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

Much appreciated mitchell209!
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Well, as mitchell said redsn0w is the best jailbreak method. As for tips and tricks you should get apps like facebook (if you have one), twitter (if you have one), iCopter, iShoot, and IM+. I hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. noced

noced New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so, i'm assuming you're not going to wait for the OS 3.0 jailbreak?

1) there are many bookmarklets around to improve your Safari surfing experience. if you're not planning on updating to OS 3.0 and then rejailbreaking that, you can use the bookmarklets here to open links in new tabs in safari. if however you're updating to 3.0, there's no need for bookmarklets for that as the new firmware has the function integrated.

2) jailbreak apps: winterboard, sbsettings, memtool, openssh, rotation inhibitor (it's a toggle on your sbsettings dock), hclipboard are quite useful. quickgold is awesome when you have alot of apps like i do.

3) appstore apps: er, i'm so used to cydia i hardly look at apple's appstore. lol. but i still have a few recommended apps. for IMing i use palringo, and i have discover (which lets you transfer files wirelessly between computer and iDevice), dictionary and thesaurus, Instapaper (this is really a must get! the app comes with a bookmarklet that, upon tapping on it in safari, saves the current webpage that you're viewing onto an online facility. you then launch the instapaper app to download your saved webpages for offline viewing. perfect for pages that you want to read later while on a 45min bus ride with no wifi. you can also access the saved pages on any internet enabled computer by logging into your account on instapaper.com).

4) to get the most out of your itouch 2G, get an earphone mic, something like this, it's an earphone-cum-mic with one input plug thingy.

5) check these threads out!
    preventing ipod theft: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189310
    tips and tricks by spoonforknife: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125624
    tips and tricks by thomashayes: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4848

also, if you're looking for a shield for your iDevice, ZAGG's invisibleshield is really good.
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Me? No, I like my 3.0 without jailbreak.
  7. noced

noced New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope, I'm asking the OP.
  8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Oh, okay.
  9. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

Thanks for the input guys. Red Snow'd my touch and am on my way to great things!

Best Regards all,

Ranger