Hello to all, but....

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by bill michie, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bill michie

bill michie New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Newly joined today. Hi guys (and gals).

The 'but' word (in my Title) is because, after I read the forum rules, I am concerned enough that I think its better to stick around a little and just read some postings for awhile; before I ask about the subject that I joined to get help with.

[Old engineers can be too detail/word conscious sometimes -- they worry. <g>]

That said, I recently bought a used itouch (gen2/8GB/iOS 2.2.1).

Background wise: I'm a Windows guy (sorry about that), so I don't know much about the Apple arena. But I am learning.

I do belong to quite a number forums (being retired allows time to participate). Enjoy it (I even try to help some).

Bill
    Eastern Pennsylvania USA
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    thank you for reading the rules and yes there are many things that are frowned apon here
  3. T0xicH4zard

T0xicH4zard New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. I can see that you iPod software is outdated. You should go to iTunes and update it to the lastest version (4.0) and after that you should (if you want to) jailbreak it with JailbreakMe. Go to the link on your iPod and slide the slider and your iPod will be jailbroken in under a minute! Hope you have fun!
  4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Agreed ^
  5. bill michie

bill michie New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks, iMik... and T0x... for the greeting. Nice to be recognized so quickly.

I have been viewing a *lot* searches/videos (maybe too many <s>). But there seems to be quite a bit of flak that 4.0x causes degraded battery performance (among other minor things)on 2 & 3 gen. So much so, that unhappy folks are resorting to all kinds of 'backtracks'.

That's why I was looking to updating from 2xx to 3.xx. (I was even willing to buy the (4.95?) update to 3.13, but I seemed to miss the 'window'.)

Thanks for referral and link. I don't know enough about JBg. Need to get more educated.

Bill M
  6. AK-62A

AK-62A New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    welcome to the idevice family!

Please Register or Log in to view images