Hello there iPod touch fans. I have a technical problem (rain, wifi, 'power off').

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bearsy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Bearsy

Bearsy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright now see, a few days ago I got my touch wet in the rain. It wouldn't turn on for a few days.

When it did, it suddenly does this thing where it says "slide to power off" or "slide whatever here to cancel." But "power off" is now the main option and it wasn't before.

Another problem: It won't connect to WiFi. It actually says "no WiFi," even under "settings" even though I'm clearly in WiFi range.

Now I've somehow gotten into the search part just now and it won't let me exit. Pressing the center button does nothing but the camera clicking thing and pressing the 'x' does jack all too.

Any idea of what I can do other than restoring my iTouch to its original settings?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    er could a mod move this here

http://www.ifans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

EDIT: Now I've reset all the settings, right, and it still gives me this "slide to power off" thing all the time, and still, settings leads to this grey, unclickable "wifi" button that just says "no WiFi."
    EDIT: After much rebooting, the 'slide to power off thing is friggin CONSTANT and it's maddening.

My iTouch also suddenly thinks that today is Thursday, January 1, 1970 at 4:20 PM for some reason.

Before the rain issue and all that it had the date and time correct. It's Sunday January 3, 7:53 pm, 2010.
  2. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You should restore your device. See if that helps.
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looks like restoring is the only solution.