Hello - Some questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darth Maniac, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Darth Maniac

Darth Maniac New Member

Hi - I have just purchased my Ipod Touch and absolutely love love love it.

I just have a few questions you guys might be able to answer:

1) In safari is there a way to choose to open a page in a new window?

2) Is there any way to disable the volume limitation in EU Ipod Touch's yet? I have seen Gopod but it doesnt seem to be for the touch yet.

3) Is there any way to do custom Eq settings rather than use the presets?

4) I understand that there might be some new official applications coming at some point to the Touch - Have there been any confirmed apps for future uipdates?

5) I have been using IMtoo movie convertor for movie conversion. The only downside of this is I have to manually enter the framerate to match the source file or the sound goes out of sync. Also there are sometimes small but perceptable jumps in movies encoded by this (Perhaps due to the manual framerate entry). Is there a better encoder out there that has no sync problems, makes smooth video and (Not essential) allows videos to be cropped?

6) Are there any online video sites (Especially an alternative to tv-links.com if there is one) that work on Safari?

Erm - Think thats it

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S - I did use the search facility first and found answers to all my questions but these (The original list was 15 questions lol).
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

First question I suppose is, are you using Windows or Mac OS X?
  3. Darth Maniac

Darth Maniac New Member

Good Point - Windows XP.

Now I am dealing with an apple product must remember that Windows is not the only OS out there

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. hamchoba

hamchoba New Member

(1) You can't control whether pages open natively in Touch Safari or not. Sometimes links do, but it's a property of the link itself. There is a solution using "bookmarklets" which involves adding a bookmark to Safari embedded with Javascript that changes the properties of the links of the viewed page so they force Safari to open them in a new tab. The downside is that you have to do this once on every new page you visit.

http://doctyper.com/archives/200707/fixing-a-small-iphone-annoyance/

Requires you have Safari installed.
    Drag the script links to Safari's Bookmark Bar and sync with the Touch.
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i think that a custom EQ would be amazing on the touch, you would think Apple would already have included that... also, visualizations would be great when listening to music.