Hello My Name is: ChikityChinaGuy

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by ChikityChinaGuy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey, I'm new to this site and I'm really glad I joined.
    I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff. I have a hacked 5G video iPod with multiple ipodwizard themes, rockbox, and ipodlinux on Loader2.
    I'm a proud new member of the team.
    Oh and all my posts to date are from my brand spankin new 16GB 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod iPod touch, which I am unfortunately returning after christmas because I have discovered two dead pixels
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Merry Christmas bro! Welcome!
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Glad you joined ^^... sorry about those dead pixels, that sucks =/
  4. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    welcome to iPTF
    sorry about da pixels
  5. ChikityChinaGuy

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    glad to be here. I'm really loving this device. Apple really knows how to make 'em. I guess It kinda worked out anyway, though, because my case didn't come in the mail yet. I just couldn't wait. I had to open this thing. They'll still probably take it back though, right? Because I'm going to restore it before I take it back. The dead pixels are really annoying when I'm watching a movie.
    Merry Christmas, too
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Of course, restore before return.

But yeah, I wonder why there are dead pixels even though it's a newer week model... maybe some aren't perfect. I'm so glad to wait for Gen 2 when things should be perfected.
  7. ChikityChinaGuy

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have any idea what's in store for generation 2?
  8. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Nobody knows, but I can guess there MIGHT be a camera, updated UI, faster processor, small touch- up effects, the new sdk coming out in February will be updated, etc. That's all I can think of for now.
  9. Rawd

Rawd New Member

External volume buttons, and a speaker would be sweet.
  10. ChikityChinaGuy

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just got my new iPod today. And I just gotta tell you, the people at best buy are really retarded. I wanted to open this new iPod in store just to make sure there werent any dead pixels on this one, but the guy overheard me telling my dad so he opened it and turned it on, and boy was he stupid. When you turn it on for the first time you gotta hook it up to your computer to set it up, right? Well this guy opens it up and sees the iPod in restore mode, (with the iTunes icon and cable) so he stands there for a good five minutes turning it off and on, while I'm trying to explain to him that its in restore mode, so he goes into the back and I guess tries to connect it to a computer for another five minutes, comes back out and tells me that its broken, so he goes and gets another one, but this time I tell him I'll just take it home. So he comes back with two (I guess someone else was returning theirs too), one with macie gray (the older week), and one with Lennon on it (the newer week) and gives me the macie gray one while I argue with him to give me the one with Lennon on it because its a newer week model, while he insists that they're exactly the same since they're both 16GB, but finally gives in while I bag my stuff and leave, pissed.
    If you're still reading, Thanx for hearing me out. And that's my iPod return fiasco. done