Hello is there anybody that can save my Touch?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slowchemical622, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Slowchemical622

Slowchemical622 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My Ipod has been through a lot (2 Jailbreaks, Battery and a Headphone Jack replacement) and just when i thought my Ipod was back to normal my wifi cut off (grey no wifi in settings)i've restored to my hearts content but nothing i tried the freezer i tried hitting it and almost everything in between, but the 1.1.4 baseband fixes which brings me to my problem i have firmware 2.2.1 and can't seem to get it down there, i read on a forum of some guy doing it but he never went into detail......i have a 1G 32gb ipod touch but most downgrade instructions are for the iphone or don't work because they came from some little kid on youtube who doesn't know what they're talking about, so i'm asking is they're anyway i can make my way to 1.1.4 so i have a last shot at saving my wifi seeing that im not under warranty and they probably wont own up to the wifi issue......oh and also i already have Itunes 7.5 that should save some time........
  2. toddyt1

toddyt1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Would upgrading to 3.1.2 not fix it. It would certaintly be easier than downgrading.
  3. Slowchemical622

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought about it but i figured if i do that and it doesn't work then i gotta downgrade from there so i decided not too......I thought i bricked my touch last night while downgrading in Itunes 7.5 i was stuck in the recovery glitch....but i went back to Itunes 9 and some how it let me downgrade to 2.0 which i couldn't do before

Please Register or Log in to view images

now i think i might be able to work my way down to 1.1.4 fix the baseband and then try the no wifi fix....If it works i'll create a guide
  4. Slowchemical622

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok i solved the downgrade issue, i just found a new way to downgrade the ipod touch!!! Screw the error codes what you do is you get itunes 7.5 and try to downgrade in DFU mode to the desired firmware doesn't matter i did 2.2.1 and 2.0 down to 1.1.5 (don't do 1.1.4 itunes won't verify that software and won't even try to restore so do 1.1.5 and then downgrade 1.1.4 in Itunes 9)once your ipod looks like it did a normal update you'll get some error (1, 5, 20, 1601 etc.) i got em all but what i got in common was that i got stuck in recovery/brick mode. Once your stuck in recovery/brick mode uninstall an upgrade back to Itunes 9 then make sure your out of DFU mode and in brick recovery (you should be in it already cause itunes 7.5 kicked me out and into brick mode)then hit restore and pick any firmware you want first time around you'll be back in brick mode, then restore again and IT WORKS!!!! I've done it 2/3 times over the last days originally i used itunes 9 just to save me from brick mode but i discovered it was a downgrader too... I want to help put this mode out there cause i suffered alot the last 3 days..Good Luck!!
  5. toddyt1

toddyt1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so is your wifi working?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also an ipod touch doesnt have a baseband. (the baseband is the modem(phone componenets) in the iphone).

your talking about the wifi hardware inyour ipod touch.