Hello, iPod World

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by fiterfly, Apr 13, 2009.

1. fiterfly

fiterfly New Member

Hello everyone,

I am actually not quite an iPod owner. I purchased our first iPod Touch (2nd gen, 8GB) for my wife as a surprise present, who is a medical student and looking for something thinner than her Palm LifeDrive.

I stumbled upon this forum to learn that I seem to have purchased it shortly after an easy-to-use jailbreak has come out (redsn0w 0.3 beta). I thus opened an account and hope to learn and maybe help some people out there if I someday become proficient at tweaking the iPod.

I enjoyed figuring out the little bits of the Palm OS system and discovering all the great apps for it. I look forward to figuring out all the power tools available for the iPod Touch, and hopefully make it so my wife doesn't even miss her Palm.

Then, maybe someday when we've saved enough money, I'll get one for myself.

Until then, it's great to be here!
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Welcome to the forums. I think you'll be pleased with the touch. Please read the rules (if you haven't already) and enjoy your stay.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. fiterfly

fiterfly New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm started by trying out redsn0w 0.3 beta and put in a few posts in the main thread there. Everybody was really helpful in quickly addressing my concerns, and I hope that some of my posts will help other members too.

Take care!
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  5. Darkblaze33

Darkblaze33 New Member

Hey, I'm new as well.