Hello & GM v Final differences...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by djritchie, Jun 17, 2009.

1. djritchie

djritchie New Member

First of all, Hi all!

I got my iPod Touch as a bonus from work about 6weeks ago - i'd wanted one for ages but could never afford (justify to the girlfriend!) - Just wanted to say "Hi" and i love this forum...

Anyway, the 3.0GM firmware landed in my lap a few days ago, so i tried it for a day. Gotta say, i found it a little buggy, the shake to shuffle was too sensitive and the spotlight search often sent me to a totally different song!!! - Anyways i quickly downgraded and like the rest of you am eagerly awaiting to PAY for 3.0 Official! .....................then jailbreak!

Any chance the Official will differ from the GM?? (i'm pretty sure it wont if its like RTM -> Store purchased software)

Also i'd like to add....a non jailbroken 3.0 got very boring ....very quickly!

anyway, 1st time poster long time viewer...keep up the good work and great FAQ's/Tutes.

xx
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is no [official] word on any differences between GM and the final release, let alone if there is a difference. All new software has slight bugs...
  3. kawaiitora

kawaiitora New Member

Bug fixes... removal of firmware expiration... firmware doesn't lock device to testing mode... thats about it.
  4. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The GM is the EXACT same as the final release.
  5. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    3.0 GM didn't lock anything into "testing mode". It is possible to downgrade and upgrade. The only issue was with the iPhone 3G and its baseband but not directly related to 3.0 GM
  6. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    When Apple says "Locks into testing mode" all that basically means is that it can't be downgraded. Although as we know it can (DFU). They've said this for previous firmwares as well.
  7. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, it isnt.

It was posted somewhere else, its the same but they fixed all the bugs
  8. djritchie

djritchie New Member

thought as much, in essence though i think what i'm saying is that i (personally) did find a few bugs (the search one was repeatable), also i noticed (this is in other threads) my Wi-Fi indicator was down (usually 3 bars at home) - but hopefully this is just down too improved sensitivity.
  9. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That is not verified at all. And its not the "same" if bugs are fixed. Just be patient.
  10. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    IT IS THE SAME. It is the release that will be put to the public.

"The Golden Master or GM version of a reproducible product (e.g., software) is that which is then released for public consumption" - Wikipedia