Hello from Washington, D.C.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by lorenkjr, Jan 13, 2008.

1. lorenkjr

lorenkjr New Member

Actually Bethesda, Md. .

Anyway very nice to have someplace to go thats for the Ipod Touch. I just got mine about 10 days ago now. Nice screen, nice touch, and hopefully more goodies will appear for it soon! I wonder why there is so little mention about the processor used in the Ipod Touch? I would think people would want to know about it, right? And oddly enough I have seen very few people in my area anyway that have bought one. Wonder why?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Welcome to the boards.
    The processor is an ARM (forgot the rest), and on 1.1.1 goes to 400 MHz, on 1.1.2, is on 412 MHz. Anyway, have you jailbroken?
  3. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Welcome to the forums, lorenkjr. I bet you will find that there are quite a few of us from the DC area (actually, Maryland side

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. lorenkjr

lorenkjr New Member

Thanks for asking that question. I have tried several times and at least until I get more info I must say no. I have firmware 1.1.2. I used brickr the last time. It gets to the point where it tries to install 1.0.2 I believe and never goes any further. What comes up on the Ipod Touch screen is the Itunes icon, an up arrow below it, and below that is the usb2 connector. Thats what appears on the screen and never goes any further. Also it seems like I can not get any firmware other than 1.1.2 to load on it. Hope you can offer ideas?????
  5. lorenkjr

lorenkjr New Member

Oh boy, I think I am dead meat. The Touch boots and immediately starts dumping text from the rom I believe. No way to reset it that I see.
  6. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

Born and raised

I'm from S.E Washington D.C born and raised. Just moved to south Florida on a job transfer. Even though I'm down here , I'm D.C to the heart. Luv my city.
  7. lorenkjr

lorenkjr New Member

Damn, two hours plus and it's finally working. Gees that was close. Holding the home button got me back to where I do a restore.
  8. digitouch03

digitouch03 New Member

Hey dude i am actually not far from DC i am in MD. Welcome to the forum just joined yesterday.

Sammie
  9. digitouch03

digitouch03 New Member

Bethesda Maryland i actually worked in Bethesda before at the golf course fun place!!

Sammie

10. GeraldC

GeraldC New Member

I used Ziphone to jailbreak my 1.1.4 iPod Touch!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images