Hello from sunny Puerto Rico!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Wreybies, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Saludos a todos!

As stated, I live in the balmy tropics of Puerto Rico. See the red dot there on the map? That's me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I work as a Spanish/English and also Russian/English interpreter. I am also an aspiring writer. I am a supermod at one of the internet's largest writing forums, the link for which I will leave out of my post as per forum rules. But if you find a writing forum and there is a mod named Wreybies, then that's me! Say hello.

Needless to say, the mods here can expect benchmark behavior from me.

Anywho... I recently jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G 16gig when the iOS4 firmware update left me out of some of the new goodies and sent me to the proverbial "kids table." I am now eager to learn all I can, especially how to create my own themes. I don't mean download them; I mean make them myself.

I created the background for my iPod using a program completely not designed for the job (Comic Life) and then discovered Gimp which I am coming to realize has a rather high learning curve for someone who has never played around with such things.

Here's my newly jailbroken iPod with the background I created. Please don't laugh.

I love steampunk!

So now I wish to learn to create app buttons for my little device. If there is an area here on the forum for such discussion, please Mods, steer me in the right direction.
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello! Welcome to our forums!

Themes are very simple to 'make' in a sense of putting them together but designing is more you and what your 'style' is, firstly are you on a PC or a Mac? Secondly, HA! No, im just kidding; im not that mean...

Well at least your jailbroken! Thats a good start! I guess you know that piracy is not for this site and the mods will quickly let you know that if you do 'step out of line', if you need any questions then we will be happy to answer them and remember that the moderators arent always gonna know best about everything!

Hope you enjoy your stay, and that you will stay!

3. Wreybies

Wreybies New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aha! The Welcome Wagon has arrived.

Do you bare gifts of muffins and assorted shortbreads?

Oh, and I am on a Mac. There's a little HP PC somewhere here in the apartment, forlorn and forgotten.
    I... I just... I just cannot PC again after having had the veil lifted. Mine eyes have seen and they cannot now un-see.