Hello from biggest ipod NEWB in the universe

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by sogmasta, Oct 22, 2007.

1. sogmasta

sogmasta New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Okay. So i've never ever EVER EVER EVER EVER...like ever had an ipod. Most of my mp3 players were from archos (i still have my 402 archos pocket dish). But i'm a gadget head. I love new stuff and my mp3/tank music player just looked f'd up from all the abuse and the battery wasn't holding a charge like it used to. I take public transportation Mon - Fri in the Wash DC metro and just about every other person had a ipod of some sort (guys had the fully ipod while girls had the nanos or fatties/shuffles.....like a steve jobs homecoming prom or something). So this friday I was at a radioshack and I said....screw it. I'm getting one. I asked for the touch (i wanted the 16 gig but all they had was an 8). The messed up part was I had every intention of giving it back after 30 days because I figured the next mp3 player I was gonna get was another archos (i tried creative zen W but that thing to for-FRIGGIN-ever to transfer stuff and it was jowbugusly huge). But now I'm hooked. The thing is sweet and I absolutely love it's wifi internet (especially on my fios connection....yes I'm a self-spoiled brat but i work hard so i deserve to spoil myself every couple of hours).

The one thing i really really noticed was the sound. Everyone from friends to magazine rags always use to say there is a great difference in quality of sound between ipods and , well, everything else. I thought it was all a bunch of hooey till i put on the earbuds. All the music i transferred from my archos to the touch (well most...20 gig to 8 gig

Please Register or Log in to view images

) sounded MUCH better on the touch. I started hearing beats and voices I could barely hear on the archos and the bass was finally deep but not overpowering or distorted (like fake bass pumping on the archos). Now the only reason i would return this ipod is the get the 16 gig but the price difference is about double so i may wait. Regardless I'm now a mac fan and i think my next purchase maybe *gasp* a macbook. God help me