Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Cannuck, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Cannuck

Cannuck New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,

I just received my first every iPod for Xmas and to be honest I don't know a thing about them.

Anyway, I started coping all my CDs and my hard drive ran out or room pretty quick so I purchased a 1TB external HD and tranfered all my music files to it. That was no problem. Then I changed the preferences to change the folder location to the new HD. That was no problem. I copied more of my CDs which put them right into the external drive and they do play no problem.

Anyway my problem now is when I try to play music I copied before transfering to the external HD, in my itunes, it says that it cannot located the file. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance.

CS
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hey! And did you change the location of music in iTunes setting advanced?
  3. Cannuck

Cannuck New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    RE: Hey

Yes I did I changed it to:

G:\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music

and it works fine when I download new music. It's my old music it cannot find now,.. when it was all on my C drive,.. I moved all my music from the C drive to the external drive. I try to play something and it says that it cannot play it because it cannot locate the file.

Somehow I must be able to tell iTunes that all the music is on the G drive,.. I mean change a setting or something.