Hello Everyone, New to the forums

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dc2610, Dec 27, 2007.

1. dc2610

dc2610 New Member

Hello. I'm new to the forums. I just bought an ipod touch. I have an emac at home but I don't have internet access. I have a windows laptop running vista that has wifi. I thought that I could hack my ipod touch to use iphone apps but everything I've tried on this forum hasn't worked. At least I can't tell if it is working or even how to add iphone apps to it using a windows pc.

So now I'm just disappointed. I can't even figure out how to put pictures on my touch.
  2. SynnR

SynnR New Member

Welcome

Are you using FW 1.1.1 or FW 1.1.2? Have you jailbroken yet? If you have, add the source repo.us.to to Installer. That will alow you to install iPhone apps.

If you haven't yet, follow this guide for the firmware version 1.1.2 jailbreak.
    http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2

Hope that helps.
  3. dc2610

dc2610 New Member

Thanks SynnR. I followed everything in the link and it worked. Finally something worked. I'm so happy. Do I have to update to 1.1.2 or can I just continue to use 1.1.1 with no problems?
  4. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you want to update to 1.1.2 you will have to upgrade, then installer goes away, then you have to do something that allows it to work again, but you can still keep going on 1.1.1. if you want to upgrade, find a guide somewhere on IPTF then it will tell you what to do.....
  5. dc2610

dc2610 New Member

thanks Rdude. I think I will keep 1.1.1 for now. Now I can't get my touch to to log in to my yahoo mail account even though it checks my gmail account just fine. Anyone have any ideas about how to make this work?
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unfortunately, you're not going to get it to login to Yahoo unless you pay for Yahoo Plus...
  7. dc2610

dc2610 New Member

Thanks, glad to know this. Not going crazy.