Hello everyone, need help with video

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mustang2002nx, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Mustang2002nx

Mustang2002nx New Member

After a long anticipated time. I finally purchased a touch. To my surprise. It will not charge w/ my Pioneer AVIC-D3. And no TV out. So after all this, I am very disappointed. Is there anything I can do? I use my Ipods more in the cars. Video and audio. But if I cant charge it. Whats the point. Should I just take it back or is there something that can be done? It will still play audio, but not charge and no video. Please anyone, any input would be great. Thanks in advance. I am still so dissapointed because I really wanted this Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. crackthwhip

crackthwhip New Member

With the introduction of the 2G touch, came a new way of supplying power to the unit. In other words it relies solely on USB now for charging, not firewire like most docks around. Having said that, most current docks support the new charging interface. I had to upgrade to a new dock yesterday to be able to charge my new touch. Pretty alienating to the customers really. Can't help regarding the video issues you have though.
  3. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can buy a charging adapter.
    It plugs into the bottom of your iPod, and then you plug your car accessory into it like you normally would.

Best Buy has them, and so does RadioShack.

As for TV-Out, I know you can do it, just search around.