Hello at all and first question ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by recteur, Jan 13, 2008.

1. recteur

recteur New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hello , i am new in this forum , and i enjoy to give help to all if i can , ok my first question about ipod touch , it is possible to play games in ipod touch without internet connection, like any application in the ipod ? thx to reply
  2. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

it is possible to play games on the ipod touch without internet connections. in order to do so, you must first jailbreak your ipod which is a euphemism for 'hacking'. there are countless topics in this forum about jailbreaking so i advise you check those out first.
  3. recteur

recteur New Member

Device:
    iPhone

Ok , does jailbreak need wifi connection to do it or not , and as i see many risqu , so u advise me to so it or must wait if apple can upload direct games to ipod .
  4. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

i dont know if it requires wifi or not. i dont think it does, but i'm not sure. i'm one of those few people that haven't jailbroken my ipod yet. mainly because i only got it today. however, if u really feel inclined to play games on ur ipod touch, you have no choice but to jailbreak. i dont see apple allowing third party application on the ipod touch anytime soon
  5. recteur

recteur New Member

Device:
    iPhone

Thx for reply , but i have problem , i cant back to 1.1.1 version i follow the instruction exctly , ( i download 1.1.1 version from original apple support and i choose it when i try to restore ( shift+restaur) ) but after i have the same version 1.1.2 , why i dont knwo ??
  6. bulldozer246

bulldozer246 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Since any jailbreak of a 1.1.1 requires the tiff exploit on your safari browser, you will need wifi to jailbreak it, as far as I know. I think this is the only step which requires wifi, so you could maybe walk nearby where there's a hotspot you could use just to open up the required webpage and then go back to your computer to jailbreak it.
  7. recteur

recteur New Member

Device:
    iPhone

Ok thx , now i succed back to 1.1.1 version ( i must download 1.1.1 version using firefox not internet explorer !!)

Now talking about risuq to breack youy IPOD , it is possible to back to original version or is no way to back ?
  8. bulldozer246

bulldozer246 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It is always possible to restore your iPod to your original firmware (1.1.2). Even if you have some sort of problem, just use the search at the top and chances are, someone else has had that problem before on this forum. When restoring back to the previous version, however, you will lose your settings of course, but your iPod should be fine. Personally, I haven't encountered problems when jailbreaking mine and my friends' iPods. The method I used is the touchFree application.
  9. recteur

recteur New Member

Device:
    iPhone

I find in french section direct method to jailbreaking ipod ( http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5964 )

did u advance me to use this one , it is succed with many menber , and it is sop easy , thx for advance .