Hello and welcome to my introduction post!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by onearmedscissor61, Jul 12, 2009.

1. onearmedscissor61

onearmedscissor61 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, the website suggested that I 'introduce myself', and I've been conditioned to obey simple instructions given to me by computers, so here we are.

I just got through the (for me) long, arduous process of jailbreaking my 2G iPod Touch, and getting some choice applications to run on it. Having modding three Xbox 360s, I thought it would be easy. But, after about 4 hours of web searches, figuring out how to use Cydia, learning the difference between BossPrefs and SBSettings, setting file permissions and downloading SSH clients, I've gained a new respect for the device. Suddenly the $400 I shelled out for this thing doesn't seem like such a waste. (I bought the iTouch 2G way back when it was jailbreak-proof.)

I know it's popular to direct newbs asking already-answered questions to the search function, but I'm the kind of forum poster who answers those questions anyway -- in my opinion it makes it much easier for Googlers to find the answers to their questions. So, let me know if I'll be breaking some kind of forum code by doing this.

Anyway, not sure how I managed to type quite so much in an introduction post, but I'm looking forward to sharing these here forums with all you ladies and you gentlemen. Cheers!
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    hey welcome to the forum. best intro i have seen so far lolz
  3. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ I agree; a very warm welcome to you!