Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by chaargers, Dec 2, 2007.

1. chaargers

chaargers New Member

I just got my itouch, and found this site. I really like my itouch, and wonder what all this "jailbreaking" stuff is all about. I'm nervous about doing something like that, and nor sure what the benefits would be to do this.

Can anyone fill me in on this?
  2. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

My friend, your iPod is lame when not Jailbroken. It's dull. It has limited features. It's like lion trapped in a cage, waiting desperately to be released. So please, do yourself and you iPod a tremendous favor and go jailbreak it, install the Gameboy emulator and play hours of Pokemon while checking the weather and emailing all your cousins with your sparkling new white earbuds blaring each and every one of your favourite songs into your brain. Go now young one.

(how was that for dramatic?)

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. chaargers

chaargers New Member

Cool... thanks for the positive feedback. I notice several different places to go to jailbreak it. Which one is the best and safest?
  4. ihawk98

ihawk98 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just jailbroke mine yesterday and i felt that following the instructions of ipodtouchmaster's videos at youtube was the easiest.
  5. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  6. chaargers

chaargers New Member

I watched the video to jailbreak, and the 1st thing mentioned is to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 but he doesn't say how to do that or why. My itouch is already at 1.1.2
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey welcome to the forums.

If you have any questions about jailbreaking definantly watch IpodTouchmaster's youtube videos...Especially if you learn better visually. Remember that if your iPod Touch came with firmware 1.1.2 you'll need to downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak and continue from there if you'd like.

Please Register or Log in to view images