Heellp

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lakers, Feb 1, 2009.

1. lakers

lakers New Member

when i connect my ipod to my computer it causes my computer to turn off but before turning off it flashes a blue screen with some words. then it restarts later it tells me that it was restored from a serious error. now im afraid of even connecting my ipod to my computer.
  2. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have a Windows PC, right? If so, then does this screen look like what you have? If that is it, then it could just be Windows sucking, but if it keeps happening then try reinstalling iTunes. That screen won't really hurt anything unless you have a program with unsaved work open, then you will lose that work.
  3. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you've recently tried to jailbreak an iPod, then you might've messed around with the wrong settings. As crismondynamo329 said, reinstall iTunes, and reboot in Safe Mode. Try connecting your iPod then, and tell me if you have an error.

Also, if worst comes to worst, see if you have System Restore working and available, and do that.
  4. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Also, you might have to restart or reinstall Apple Mobile Device Service
  5. lakers

lakers New Member

it is that screen but when it happens it just flashes and then turns off i had this problem already so what if when i re-install itunes and it still happens and my computer is slow and firefox is tripping
  6. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We might be able to offer more advice after you reinstall Apple Mobile Device Service (instructions) and iTunes, and do the things Sctt said.
  7. lakers

lakers New Member

i tried re-instaling itunes it didnt work i tried going into safe mode and it didnt work neither, and then i did the reinstalling of the apple mobile device service and it didnt work. the weird thing is when i connect my other ipod it doesnt cause this problem.
  8. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm... Did you restart or reinstall the service? If you only restarted it, then try reinstalling it completely. Other than that, I don't know!
  9. lakers

lakers New Member

i re-installed it and nope nothing but my other ipod works perfectly
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    any help
  10. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, now I'm guessing... try putting it in DFU Mode when you connect? Try connecting it to another computer if you can, to make sure it's your computer, not the iPod.