Heard from a Verizon employee....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmonster66, Jan 31, 2010.

1. jmonster66

jmonster66 Member

I went phone shopping today, and I was persuaded to not use my upgrade just yet, because the Verizon employee informed me the iPhone will be coming in June. I asked him about it, and he said that there was some sort of "kickoff meeting" like last week, and he was told there. He also said that Verizon was always the one declining to partner with the iPhone -_-. I believed him because why would he tell me something that would change my mind about buying a phone today....

Has anyone else heard about this?
  2. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    verizon employees dont have information like that. i wouldnt put too much stock in what he says.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Any employee can get that information, my local Rogers happened to know about the iPhone thing a couple months before I got mine in June.. Which is why I decided to save my upgrade for then, and kept my sh*tty Krzr. With that said, he also knew the pricing, how long the pricing was gonna last and he even put a 3G underneath the counter for me...

The three staff members at my Rogers all got the iPhone 3GS a couple weeks before they came out...
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'm not really believeing this. For one thing, all the DROID commercials hammered the iPhone. Verizon and Apple can't be feeling too happy with each other right now.

And then there is the Nexus One. Coming to Verizon in spring.
  5. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Very good argument. That sounds reasonable!
  6. jmonster66

jmonster66 Member

He literally said to me; "there are a few phone coming out soon. There's the Nexus One, the Blackberry Tour 2 (with the optical trackpad), and the iPhone in june"

I had my lolwut face on, so He went on to explain how there was a meeting earlier in the week, and he found out there.
  7. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I really don't care if Verizon gets the iPhone because where I live, there coverage is absolute crap. But I mean it would be nice to see it on more carriers.. I'm still waiting for the OK from my parents saying I can finally get mine.. And if that means I have to be on Verizon then fine. I'd still rather not have to deal with there service but it doesn't matter anymore.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    There were people saying this the time the 3G came out and the 3GS came out and etc.
  9. Zachary King

Zachary King New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im actually beleiving this because i read an article that AT&T is getting tired of all the crap with apple and they might be dropping the iPhone! WOOHOO!!!! (im sorry but i hate AT&T

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

heres the link: AT&T Dropping iPhone!!!!!
  10. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I find this hard to believe with because of the commercials Apple spent money on asking "Can your network do that?" or something like that.

But on the other hand... Verizon never really made fun of the iPhone.
    They just made fun of AT&T.