Heads up on a little problem I encountered

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    On my jailbroken touch (blackrain), running 3.1.2, I ran into a weird problem out of nowhere.
    I couldn't connect to my home wifi at all. Same thing with my brother on his iphone. It would make me have to enter the password like it never connected before, and after entering it my ipod would connect to the wifi for 3 seconds then disconnect and I'd be back at square 1. I started deleting new things I added from cydia the previous day that I didn't end up wanting. Nothing worked until I deleted Rock app (something that wasn't even supposed to be installed, don't know which package installed it. Got iBlank the same way, deleted that too but that didn't solve anything). When I selected reload springboard during the Rockapp deleting process, my ipod got stuck on that screen with the loader spinning. Wouldn't let me exit cydia, open sbs settings, and after unplugging the ipod from charging the ipod didn't recognize it was disconnected(have to use my xbox to charge, anyone with a trick to get non compatible chargers to become compatible please let me know!!!)After about 20 minutes I put it in dfu mode real quick then took it out of it in hopes to jumpstart it which worked. My wifi was working again and its all good now. To those who have encountered recent wifi troubles (noticed a couples new threads), try deleting Rock app if you have it or go through the trial and error process I went through. Maybe an app has become troublesome due to some change we don't know about?
    Just a heads up
    peace
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I have the same problem. I just reset my network settings (Reboot / respring) and everything was back to normal. I have Cydia and Rock on ipt1g, ipt2g, ipt3g, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3GS.
  3. mrzero

mrzero New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm i have a similar problem. but it started 2 days ago and i had rock at least for a month and everything was fine till 2 days ago. ill try deleting rock to see wat happens. thx for the info