Headphones with Remote besides Apple

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by hoopgod13, Dec 17, 2008.

1. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 New Member

Are there any competitors to the new Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic? I want the ability to control volume and change tracks (previous and next), and was wondering if there were any other options.

I know there are remotes that are sold separately, but don't those result in an extra long cable? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks much appreciated.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    At the moment, I don't think there are any other headphones with a remote and mic that is compatible with the iPod touch 2G
  3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Griffin SmartTalk, totally compatible with the 2G. You use your own headphones. It gives you mic, play/pause, fwd, and back. No volume control, though, but you can get headphones that have that built in. It has a 30" braided cable - pretty sturdy.

I have JVC noise cancelling in ear headphones that I use with the SmartTalk. Love 'em both.
  4. kee

kee New Member

does the apple ear phones remote work with the 1g?
  5. serial_man

serial_man New Member

I have the same question. I want to know if doesn't work even with jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tks
  6. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    There is !

There is a Headphones with a mic that is compatible with iPod Touch 2nd generation and they work . I bought myself them on Ebay.com and they do work very great . On Ebay.com you will find a bunch of 3rd party headphones that work with the iPod touch and for a lot cheaper ( around $8.00 ) that's a lot cheaper than on Apple.com , the ones I bought , I use them for voip they work great with voip and have high qaulity recording . Of course for any of the mice to work you have to have system version 2.2 installed .
  7. serial_man

serial_man New Member

But they work with 1G? :/