Headphones... ORLY?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Reezy69, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Reezy69

Reezy69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well i was talking to a few friends in an app today... And then i was typing and went to press a "key" and just slid my finger around on the screen, (thus making all the keys my finger hit pull up a zoom of the letter (kinda hard to explain (just push on they keyboard and slide your finger around ))) and then my ipod stopped producing sound when i pushed letters.... So i figured a respring would help (yes im jbroken) and then it didnt... So i held home and start to shut down my pod... It fixed it.... Then i went to go checj out some vids on youtube and my sound was working for like .9 seconds.... I pressed the volume button and it said headphones were in... They werent.

I had my charger plugged in and it said i had headphones in... Thus not routing the sound to the speaker, but rather the empty headphone jack.

I unplugged my charger and it started working again, pluged it in, and it stopped... So i home+sleep shut down again and it worked, even with the charger in...

So now im charging, typing and having sound so it is working....

I was thinking of restoring and NOT jailbreaking again (sadface)

Unfortunatly last time i restored my pod while it was jailbroken, the status bar still had my edited carriar name... (kindof a red flag if i have to send it in to get fixed)....

Soooo...

If anyone can provide insight on why my sound was acting up and how to restore my ipod 100% no signs of jailbreak (or as close to it as possible) please help me out

Much love
  2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you restore, don't restore from backup.
    Set it up as a new iPod.
  3. Reezy69

Reezy69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Will i then lose all my app data and stuff to then huh?