Headphone + Washer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Korea, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay, my apple headphones just went through the washer. They looked 100% dry when I took them out of my sweater pocket. But not to risk anything, I threw my headphones in a bag of rice. And I haven't used my headphones after the washer.

Thoughts, opinions please!
  2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Headphones + water is a bad combination. Same with any other electrical equipment. Advice ? Buy expensive high-end headphones. The quality will be very good (generally proportional to the money you spend) and you'll subconciously take better care of them than the actual iPod. Trust me on this one.

You'll probably regret spending the money, or not if you really like music - I mean, that's the reason you got an iPod in the first place, right ?. At least at first. Then after a year or two you'll notice the minty fresh condition of your headphones and only then you'll start to wonder.
  3. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Good theory.
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's more of fact. You'll take better care of them without even (conciously) knowing.
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It definitely is not proportional. Once you get past the £150 area, then the quality you are getting for the price decreases. You pay quite a lot for minor details.
  6. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're probably right. The human ear can only take so much.
  7. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Plus they're not that durable, well not for me. My ones have last me 6 months and the right driver seems to have gone quieter. Not a wire problem, but it has affected other people as well. Shall use my warranty to replace them for free.
  8. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    to get back to the main topic:
    it is good that you haven't used your earphones until now - they should be dry now and can be used without problems
    the only thing that could have happened to them is that they physically broke (some cables inside) but otherwise earphones aren't an active electronic device just a passive one and passie ones you can wash - it is the same like an extension cable: wash it, throw it into a sea or whatever but after you took it out and made sure it is dry the extension will work anyway.

if you throw an active electronic device into water then it is a completely different case

short advice: try out your earbuds now, if they work be happy and if not buy new ones

Please Register or Log in to view images

it is a 50:50 chance getting them to work