headphone restricting?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by berky93, Oct 16, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    I just got a new pair of headphones with a mic on them for my ipod, the problem is the mic only works if the headphones arent in all the way. they have it be almost all the way in, except for about 1/2-1/4 of a milimeter. I want to put something on the jack so that I dont need to really think about it when trying to plug in my headphones, something that will automatically stop them at the required point. any suggestions? I was thinking somehow use thread...

EDIT: I am using thread now. I plugged the headphones in to the correct position and wrapped thread 20 or so times around the area sticking out (from both ends) then tied the ends together. then I took the excess and pulled it up and tied it off again around the top of the jack, then again around the cord. then I wrapped more thread around the cord over the knot and tied it again. then I put a spring from a pen over the cord to protect the knots and to stop the headphones from breaking if the cord gets tugged. Its working really well, but I hope it lasts. if I can, I'm going to get some heat-shrink tubing and put it over the jack.
  2. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Jun 5, 2008
    a bead!
    you'd prolly have to cut it down tho.

or you could use some wire, but then u might get shocked.