Headphone Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kevin1st, Jun 13, 2010.

1. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey everyone,
    So i few day ago my ipod fell and of course the screen cracked. Being somewhat tech savvy i ordered the parts and received them yesterday. I installed them and put my ipod back togather and everything was working flawlessly. Today i went to listen to music and i can only hear music out of my right bud. i've tried countless pairs of headphones with no success so my only thought is that i must of broke it while repairing the screen.

Is it possible to get a new headphone jack so i can replace it or is there an easier fix for this. i read somewhere that if you use a headphone splitter that should work. is this true, because that would be an awesome? I hope someone could help me help here because i am truly at a loss without stereo music.
  2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im clueless but ill still try to help. Try pluging your headphones in and twisting them while inside the jack.

try blowing into it, maybe theres some dust.

i heard of sticking a toothpick inside the jack, but i wouldnt try it.
  3. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Meh, happened to my friend, we didn't try and fix it but seeing if you can replace the jack would be where I would start.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Replacing the jack isn't fun, but since you yourself replaced the screen, you can't take it back to apple.