Headphone Opinions(Beats)

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by IchigoK2031, Oct 13, 2010.

1. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

I'm planning to get a pair of Beats here are the ones I'm considering (I want something smaller, the larger Studios sound nice, but are pretty cumbersome):

Tours
    Solo/Solo HD
    iBeats

I just want your opinion on which one I should get, sound quality/price wise.

Thanks in advance.
  2. VoLTaG3

VoLTaG3 New Member

Sennheiser IE8's.

Anything that Monster produces is severely overpriced and only ignorant people buy their products.
  3. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

DO. NOT. BUY. ANY. OF. THOSE.

You are literally paying for the brand. Those are sub par headphones that will never be as good as some of the low end headphones out there.
  4. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Said like a champ, you want bass that doesn't ruin the mids and highs that don't pierce your ears then they are the way to go. The beats have waaaaaaay overpronounced bass and terrible trebble I find and the only beats I have listned to is the Studios, if I listened to anything else I think I would have been flat our discusted. If your going to spend your money on something that sounds good, stay away from the beats.
  5. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Which of low, middle, high sound spectrum do you want?
    I'm guessing low since you suggested monster and if that's the case, I suggest IE8 like people above. Customizable bass response is always a plus
    However, there are better options than IE8 for middle or treble.
    IE8 is also a little bit laid back, and the sound is not as analytical. But combined with the excellent bass and soundstaging, it's one of the most fun iem i've ever heard
  6. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I love my IE8's straight up. Depends on what sounds good to you, right now for me they are the perfect IEM.
  7. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

I've heard a lot of good things about the IE8's but the thing is I want some decent headphones for like 100-200 dollars. I was looking at the Monster Turbines, maybe the Turbine Pros...if I get enough money, what are your guys opinions on these?
  8. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you can get ie8 brand new for around $280 if you can stretch the budget.
    and that should be worth more than monster + $100 imo
  9. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

I only have roughly 150 to spend, so 280 is nearly double my budget. I actually really want the IE8's after reading the reviews and such for them...but I don't have enough money for them. On the flip side, I talked to a guy from OneCall he said that he could get me Monster Turbines new for an open box price so 180(with control talk) for 118, or 150(no control talk) for $90, which isn't bad...i definitely...am NOT getting Beats though...they are just too expensive
  10. VoLTaG3

VoLTaG3 New Member

And, you're are overpaying by 85%.