Headphone + mic for Touch 2nd gen

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by agedparent, Jun 19, 2009.

1. agedparent

agedparent New Member

I have Touch 2nd gen running on iPhone3. I need headphne+mic to run Skype. I have the ear buds from Apple but 'cos I'm an old coffin dodger they do not stay in/I don't know how to fit them properly. I need earphones and mic but cannot find supplier in UK. Anyone any ideas as to who might be able to supply please?
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  3. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. beatmac

beatmac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Buy the Apple In-ear buds. They offer good isolation and good sound, plus the mic and remote combo is nice. I had a pair once.
  5. headscratcher

headscratcher New Member

Finally! A five dollar solution!

Check out what I did at:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103390&page=5

I just tried Skype with 3.0 software and it works. Also, I just noticed the "Speaker" button while making a call. Tapping on that button transfers the sound from the earbud to the Touch internal speaker... this with the four-ring earphone plug still inserted in the Touch... interesting.
  6. headscratcher

headscratcher New Member

Prodigal Son:

I have sent several questions to the vender, EverydaySource.com, trying to zero-in on the type of connector their item uses. I explained about the four conductor plug on the iPod Touch 2G.

I received the following response:
    "The item you are asking about does not have that kind of connector , but it would be perfectly compatible with it."

I really don't understand how this would be possible. Have you actually tried this headset?

Thanks