Headphone Jack!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by starrtech, Nov 13, 2008.

1. starrtech

starrtech New Member

Hi,

this might sound odd, but here goes. This will be the second time that my headphone jack broke on a ipod Touch of mine. The first time the sound went completely, so apple replaced it. This time I have to wiggle the earphones to get them to play in both ears. I tried 5 pairs and no luck. So this ipod touch broke too!

My questions:
    - Are there "specific" headphones/earphones you are supposed to use? IE - size?

- Any tips as to how to prevent this from happening again (my warranty is up next month). Should I leave the headphones in constantly? etc

thanks, and wish me luck that they fix it or replace it again!
  2. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It shouldn't be happening with any headphones, You must be doing something, like jerking the phones around while theyre plugged in or ripping it out of the ipod.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The iPod touch is essentially designed to be used with "iPod" headphones, although it has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so any set of headphones with a standard plug should work perfectly fine.

Also, when you mention that Apple replaced "it" are you referring to replacement headphones or a replacement iPod?
  4. starrtech

starrtech New Member

^ Sorry, they gave me a replacement ipod.

Well today, they gave me another replacement ipod. My father picked it up for me. Low and behold... i have to get another one because the screen is loose on the right side. It makes a clicking sound when slightly pressed as though the screen is separating and lifting. Aaaaarg!
  5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    that stinks i hope they get it sorted out
    i keep my headphones in all the time and i didnt have this problem so try to keep them in that might help
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, occasionally you'll get a faulty refurb iPod. They'll exchange it.
  7. GTASA

GTASA New Member

just stick the sharp part of the saftey pin in the headphone jack. worked for me.