Headphone Jack Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nik442, Feb 15, 2008.

1. nik442

nik442 New Member

I dropped my ipod the other day, and at that time, didn't notice any problems...

but then the next day, when i put in my headphones and started listening to music, i notice the left headphone wasn't working. i thought that maybe my headphones weren't working (apple headphones are sh*te) so i tested them on my comp speakers, and i noticed that no sound was coming out of the left comp. speaker!

I've tested this on other headphones, and this always happens.
    I got my ipod about 2-3 months ago, and am on 1.1.1 jailbroken. What should i do? call apple? send it in? if so, should i wipe out all my jailbroken sh*t?

thanks.
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Give it to Apple to give you a new one, or they might just repair it, what happened is when you dropped it, one of the pins got out of place, Hence the "my left one doesn't work" so it was the left one, if you look inside the hole you'll be able to see 2 metal bumps hanging out, if you see only 1 there's your problem.

when you send it to Apple make sure you completely Restore to version 1.1.3 or any other version.

Or you could post it up on Ebay for .99 cents, and sell it, Trust me it will reach up to about 300 or so.

I can help you on that, I'll bid on it myself.

but if you don't want to do any of the above, then dismantle it yourself and fix it.

if that's out of the question, then just buy a new one.

I would keep on going but it would be pointless, anything else just let me know!
  3. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I can help you on that, I'll bid on it myself. thats great ha i know thats off topic so dont yell at me
  4. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thig happened to me on my ipod video, they replaced it,

but same thing happened to my friends ipod video, and they just gave him this cool little adapter that plugs into the charging/docking bit (not the headphones jack, the socket that isnt the headphone jack, i dont know its name

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and then you could just plug any other headphones into the other end of that and it would be fine.
  5. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL, Funny guy.
  6. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where can i get one of those? do you know what It's called?

oh but back to the post, don't do that, because its just wrong to carry and Adapter for your Headphones, especially for your iPod.
  7. nik442

nik442 New Member

yea i think im gonna go to the apple store and get it replaced. I just called up apple, and they said i could replace it.

Im about to upgrade to 1.1.3 through itunes, meaning all my apps will be wiped out. How to I save my apps so when i jailbreak my new ipod, i can just drag all my apps back into my ipod??
  8. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    heres what i did when mine broke: went to the apple store, bought a new one, switched the ipods, and returned the old one, in the new box with the new recipt....
  9. batman27

batman27 Banned

wtf? thats such a waste of time
  10. GTASA

GTASA New Member

can anyone help me? my ipod touch doesn't hear from one headphone. but when i connect it it doest hear from the other one! i camt return it cause its warranty is over..... i need help!!!1