Headphone jack possibly broken? :( Please help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cwaazymikae, Jul 10, 2010.

1. cwaazymikae

cwaazymikae New Member

My iPod headphones were fine, and then my iPod died while I was listening to it and reading, so I plugged it in to charge and took a nap. I just woke up and tried to listen to my ipod, and now the headphones dont work! I tried like 6 other pairs of headphones and got alll the same result... SILENCE :'(
    They all work perfectly on my phone though, but from my iPod I get no sound

Please Register or Log in to view images

(((( the speaker however works fine, everything else works perfectly fine but the headphones i get no sound out of. I wiggled, I blew in it, I'm not trying to take the risk to put anything into my headphone jack though...so now i'm asking you guys.
    What can I do? I don't want to go through the hassle of going to apple. But I DO want my iPod. It is under warrenty I think...apple covers for the first year right? And on top of that I got some thingy from best buy...so yeah...HELPPP

(( any solutions, tips, tricks?
    I dont want to goto apple because the closest apple store is almost 2 hours away

and it'sn ot that I''m lazy, but I'm only 17 and my parents don't trust me taking the car that far. I'll ask them to drive me if it gets to the point where it's completely unfixable so yeah...
    Pwease helpp!

2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Reboot?
    Restore?
    You have to rule out the software before you worry about the hardware.
  3. cwaazymikae

cwaazymikae New Member

I did reboot. I rebooted twice.
    Sorry to sound like a complete nub, but how do you restore? And how long does this take?
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Plug it into iTunes and click Restore. Takes a while, but it completely wipes your iPod and starts over. Then sync a song and see if it works. If not, you have to take it in.
  5. cwaazymikae

cwaazymikae New Member

-sigh- I really didnt want to do that. The syncing takes so longgg blaahhh. But I will, thank you!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Didnt work..
    Coming to the conclusion its ah ardware problem because right underneith the home screen button, theres a click. Like when I press on the bottom part like right by the charging port there's a bit of a click. However the home screen button adn the charging port work fine.
    Suggestions?
  6. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Only read a bit of your original post, because people apparently don't know how to use punctuation, and spacing your sentences.

If it's under warranty, send it in (shipping method), or Apple store.
    If it's not under warranty, you CAN open it up, however, I highly do NOT recommend it, unless you have skills in soldering, as well as de-soldering.
  7. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Put in a cue tip and try to stir around then see if it works
  8. cwaazymikae

cwaazymikae New Member

Tried that ): and I also tried one of those pipe cleaner things you use in arts&crafts. Still no sound. ):
  9. syasisurvive

syasisurvive New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you are. Rebooted twice, reset it, tried 3 pairs of headsets and still no sound is coming out of the headsets.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And I also tried the cue tip thing and still...no sound.