Headphone Jack Bypass/Internal Speaker Lock

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lukechanning, Aug 8, 2009.

1. lukechanning

lukechanning New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've done a bunch of digging around here, but I haven't found any definite answers so here goes:
    Using Gizmo Voice (gizmo5+GV Mobile+Siphon) on my iPod, i've been able to send/receive calls with the help of a Switcheasy Thumbtack Mic. The mic works great for making calls, but if I leave the mic in I can't hear when I'm receiving a call because it disables the speakers. I can always just plug/unplug the mic when I'm not using it, but that's a pain in the arse, especially if I'm hurrying to answer a call. So here's my question—Is it possible to modify the iPod to bypass the headphone jack and only use the internal speakers? Several VoiP apps can do this using a speakerphone feature, so could an app be designed to do this? Or would it be possible to modify the iPod itself?
    Anywho, I've found a couple other threads here and there mentioning this, but none of them are very clear/recent. If you can figure out some other clever way to have the iPod notify me when a call is coming in, I'm not picky. Anything you can do to help is appreciated!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Fungiphile

Fungiphile New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    me too

I've been looking around for quite some time, the location, or reality of this would be amazing app. So far I've turned up nothing. I hope there will be soon. It seems like it's something easy to do that no one has decided to work on yet.

Best of luck to you.