headphone jack bug

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by silverycold, Sep 25, 2008.

1. silverycold

silverycold Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ok well I have a 8gb first gen and just today it started skipping bits of songs and then acting like the headphones were pulled out on the slightest wiggle(tried with many headphone pairs,same thing each time) and now I don't know if it's hardwear or software and what should I do? please help.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You could try returning it; headphone jack problems are mostly hardware and they will replace it if the litmus paper is white.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Headphone jack bug

Please Register or Log in to view images

roflmao

Yea just get it replaced it happens.
  4. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybe since u just bought it they'll give u a sec. gen
  5. Sherrif

Sherrif New Member

(yeay for being new to the forums... kindof)

My iPod touch I bought around the end of may, I never noticed any kind of white/blue paper. I don't think it exists, or if it does have it, it was blue when I bought it. But anyway, I get a constant signal to headphones\speaker but its crappy quality and quiet.

I can get back the perfect signal and sound when I use a gold plated 1/8 inch cable, and try to bend it into the home button. The connection obviously gets better.

iPod Specs: 1'st gen 8gig ipod, not-jail broken: never been around water, though possibly came into contact with sand. Used mostly with external speakers and stereo systems (not much of an ear bud kinda guy) But since I can't see a paper, I don't know what I'm looking for, I was wondering if its possible to replace it still. I didn't get any insurance\warranty besides the 60 day policy thing.
  6. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no he means get a flashlight and look inside your headphone jack if its pink its because of water damage
  7. Sherrif

Sherrif New Member

Ok, I see it, white must be good then. If I was to take it somewhere where would I? Radio Shack? Thats where I bought it, or would the apple store still replace it? Or did buying it from radio shack screw me over?
  8. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

try different headphones or if you have the applecare warranty you can get it fixed OR if you want to you can return it it within the 10 days you bought it.
  9. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i have this too and i am gonna take it back
  10. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Its probably the headphone jack on the iPod, from everyday use, just gave out...