Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by APV, Sep 1, 2010.

1. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I was wondering, considering that the new iPod touch has an HD camcorder on the back I thought it was also a 5MP camera. WRONG. It takes 960x720 still images (the size of a 720p video frame cropped,) so it probably doesn't have features like macro.

I am wondering if the video quality is at least on par with the iPhone 4. If it isn't, it's just a gimmick.

Everyone is glad that the ipod touch now has a camera, but none have yet to realize that it's just made for video...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well, I guess it's not bad... You really don't need to get 5MP images ON AN IPOD, and I guess having this instead of nothing is good enough for many...

I was just hoping for a replacement for my iPhone 3G, considering I got the iPhone 3G, used, JUST to get an iPod with a camera... Hmmm... I am a little disappointed, but it's cool I guess.

I may get it as a replacement to my iPhone... At least it offers things like a retina display, a4 processor, facetime chats, etc... The speaker is still probably crappy though, and image size doesn't really matter when all you do is post them on facebook...
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Precisely, I'm not buying the iPod to take professional photographs... and the speaker is no longer internal! So it may sound better

3. Immanuel

Immanuel New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    The only thing I am going to use the camera for is taking pictures of receipts and documents with a macro lense, so I can just throw them away. It's time to go paperless.