Having WiFi Hook-up Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whispertoascream, Feb 4, 2010.

1. whispertoascream

whispertoascream New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just recently got wireless internet in my home. My Touch will detect my router, but when I punch in the password for my router my Touch keeps telling me it is an invalid password. And well the password is like 22 characters longs, so typing it in over and over again is just a pain when I know that I am typing it in correctly the first time. I have even tried to taking the password protection off of my router for a short time to make it unsecure, and well my Touch still asks me for the password.

I just had my Touch jailbroken, and getting use out of it is damn near impossible without wifi.

Any help regarding this issue would be great. I have searched the web over and over again without getting any results.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Reboot your router
    make super sure u type it correctly..
    Use different secuirity instead of wep.. Like wpa
    call router support line
  3. whispertoascream

whispertoascream New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for your response. I have typed in the password at least a dozen times, the Support line told me that everything with my router was working fine, and as for the security options I have looked and have not been able to even find a place to be able to change that.