Having trouble with Kate + Advanced Prefs 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by MrCookie615, Aug 13, 2008.

1. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey peoplez, right now I've been trying to install Kate for 2.0, and I have been uninstalling and installing for awhile now. I tried looking at other threads to see if I could find anything but sadly I got nothing. What happens is that Kate + Rip Dev Prefs downloads fine, no errors at all. I go ahead and reboot to try to load Kate, I go into my Preferences and the Rip Dev section is no where to be found. I was wondering would Advanced Prefs for 2.0 cause Kate to not install at all? Or is it something simple that I just have missed? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

SAME!!!

Except I don't have Advanced Prefs.
  3. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's awesome, I hope I don't have to get rid of it.

Any ideas anyone? Anything for a possible fix? I want my 5 icon dock back... XD

Thanks again.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I don't know how Kate installs, but if it is like a typical app's preferences, Advanced Prefs 2.0 shouldn't interfere with it one bit.
  5. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I heard from someone that Kate only works on 2.0.1 for some reason, I'm gonna have to look more into that. And btw, your Advanced Prefs app is awesome, thank you so much for making it, you're awesome Skylar. XDDD I also love PocketTouch too, keep up the awesome work. And thanks for the help.

If anyone else can think of anything, please feel free to type it down. XD When I find a solution I'll put it back on this thread.
  6. sendxmedic

sendxmedic New Member

hey man ive been having the same exact problems as you guys and i seriously think it was firmware 2.0 cause i just rejailbroke my ipod to 2.0.1 through winpwn and now it works. its seriously has been giving me grief. but now all is well and i have my five icon dock. so maybe jailbreaking to 2.0.1 will make it work cause i know it made mine work
  7. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh sweet, thanks for letting me know. I need to update anyway. So now the question is, is there anyway to update my iPod, keep it jailbroken, without having to restore and lose my apps?
  8. sendxmedic

sendxmedic New Member

i wish there was yeah that was one reason why i didnt want to restore or jailbreak again but if you go from 2.0 to 2.0.1 you will end up losing your apps. no guarantees it will work but it seems more people are having success with kates on 2.0.1 than 2.0. hope it helps
  9. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, time to back everything up.... XDDD Thanks so much for your help. Btw, how is 2.0.1? Anything new?
  10. sendxmedic

sendxmedic New Member

ive only noticed a few little things like a lockscreen calender but mainly just bug fixes and little stuff like that installer is seeming to run a little bit nicer maybe just me wanting it to. but not much to report