Having trouble with Ipod Recovery mode!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by deTouched, May 5, 2008.

1. deTouched

deTouched New Member

I've recently jailbroke my 1.1.4. firmware ipod touch using this guy's method (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=iXANzIslL6k)
    However, I'm really a novice at this so I also installed lots of apps such as Iphone´s and others.
    My problem was when I added this guy's source http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=1IZXSOuoMRg
    then somehow installer stopped working and always showed an error when I tried to install new stuff! Nevertheless, desperately l tried restoring it with itunes but then popped up another error on the computer while my ipod was showing the itunes cable icon . Finally when I tried to use the home-sleep reset and connecting it to the computer (vista or xp home) Itunes detects it but then it says " Itunes detected an Iphone in recovery mode. You must restore it." [/url]when i click to continue the restoring process it just shows another error " Itunes couldn´t make contact with update server" but my wireless is working fine!! I'm completely buzzed and freaking out so I' d really apreciate [/url]
    if anyone could get me off this mess as briefly as possible because I'm not sure they cover it on the warantee!...

P.S. - Current situation: just showing the itunes cable icon
  2. deTouched

deTouched New Member

3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Make sure you have the newest version of itunes and hit restore. Next time use the method we have here and don't use sources that aren't trusted.
  4. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First, try to kick your iPod out of recovery mode with some jailbreaking tool (ziphone, iliberty, etc) Maybe you can hold the power and home button for about 30 secs but that probably wont work. Then go into Installer and look for any package (no matter what it is, it's not going to be installed anyway). Press the Install button at the top right, and tap on "Clear Queue." Now, check to see if Installer works again by installing something you want. If you have more problems and iTunes won't download the iPod firmware, it's probably some prob with your internet connection or Apple's server.

Rep me if i helped
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Don't do any of that restore your ipod and do it properly this time.
  6. deTouched

deTouched New Member

My ipod is stuck on recovery mode, even when I hold power-home buttons I just get the same itunes connect picture on the screen.However, I haven't tried using ziphone, I'll try to use it on my pc, Tanx!
  7. deTouched

deTouched New Member

I think I have the latest itunes version
  8. deTouched

deTouched New Member

Tnx, I've just restored my ipod, it's working fine.I reinstalled itunes and set up my firewall and I could restore it!
    Where can I found most trusted sources and jailbreak methods, just type me some sites.
    I´ll rep you both.
  9. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPod touch masters tutorials (always worked for me) - www.youtube.com/ipodtouchmaster05

or

iPod touch fans tutorial & Guide here - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54152

your welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images