Having trouble with charging iPod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NobleRooster, Feb 17, 2010.

1. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used to frequent this place pretty often, but haven't been around much lately.

Anyway, did some searching around and can't really find anything like what's going on here. I misplaced my 2G touch for about 2 weeks and it had already been dead (completely, wouldn't even come on) for about a week. Well, I finally found my touch and trued to turn it on. I get on the screen a battery symbol with a small red sliver at the far left end of the battery with another symbol showing to connect the touch to USB to charge.

Well, when I connect it to my computer via my USB cable, all I get is a cycle of the red battery as mentioned above with a lighting bolt (charging symbol) underneath it and then it goes to the silver apple boot logo, the screen will go black after sitting on it for awhile, then the battery symbol with the lightening bolt pops up again. It just does this continuously.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    leave it connected over night for it to recharge completely. Really bad to leave the battery empty man.
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe it doesnt have enough battery to even power on
  4. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree to try to charge over night, but you may have done permanent damage to your battery. Lithium batteries should never be completely discharged. Your ipod is set up to shut down before the battery is dead, but after 2 weeks, the remaining juice dropped too low. If it doesn't work again, send it to apple.