having trouble jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by alexx_ox, Jan 16, 2010.

1. alexx_ox

alexx_ox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i've jailbroken ipod's before including the one i'm re-doing, but when i'm trying to jailbreak this one (using redsn0w) i get to the part where you're putting it in DFU mode and holding the buttons, when usually this is when the ipod turns back on and reboots and crap well now it's not doing anything and then saying i have no driver USB. i've reinstalled itunes, downloaded drivers from internet and still nothing, i've also search all over my laptop for the original. wtf do i do?

please help 'cos this is killing me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. you mean the screen stays off and doesn't turn on no matter what? If so, maybe it's bricked. If it at least turns on and displays the apple logo or the usb connect to itunes thing then it's probably in recovery mode so you can just restore it from iTunes...that's just my guess.

EDIT: well, I really don't know, because I jailbroke my iPod with blackra1n so that's the only experience I've had...
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok. It's not bricked. Definately. If it won't turn on the just take it out of dfu. If it does turn on put it in dfu. Then use blackra1n
  4. Jayness

Jayness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    when its in DFU mode restore with itunes. after try rejailbreak. if this doesnt work grap a brick. a normal house brick will be fine. hit brink on ipod untill screen is cracked. finaly throw ipod at the wall.