iOS 3.1 Having trouble getting pwnage tool to work

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by IceBerg, Jan 2, 2010.

1. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have 2 macs (mini and mbp) one running 10.6.0(mini) and one running 10.6.2(mbp). I have put pawnage tool acquired from official sources.

On neither machine will the tool work, it locks up on both of them searching for the ipsw(in simple mode) and does nothing when I click browse(in expert)

I have no idea why it will not run so I am hoping someone else out there does.
  2. Fodd1337

Fodd1337 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1) Are you sure it is the right .ipsw?
    2) You can not update your iDevice with the pwnage tool so make sure the .ipsw is the same firmware (and generation) as your device
  3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It doesn't get to the point where where it asks me for the ipsw and doesn't find the one I copied from my itunes library (I downloaded 3.1.2 with itunes). So I have a copy in it's original location and in the directory where pwnage tool is.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, I learned that pwnage tool does not just look in one location and when yo have 16TB network attached storage it takes it about 5hrs to finish it's lil search.

However I also read that I cant actually use this to jailbreak a new touch(2.2.1) unless someone can correct me on that.