Having Some Trouble

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by swoozy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. swoozy

swoozy New Member

Hey guys, first thread, help me out please...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got my iPoT for Christmas and love it. I've jailbroken it (1.1.2), gotten lots of apps, installed Summerboard and NES... all the good stuff. However today, while trying to install the iPhone apps, I encountered my first problem.

First I tried installing the applications manually through Winscp, and I keep getting an error message:

General failure (server should provide error description).
    Error code: 4
    Error message from server: Failure
    Request code: 6

Then, when I check the folder to see if the transfer worked, only parts of the transfered document are on the iPod. Furthermore, these partial documents have a size of 0 and when I double click them to bring up the info (for example when I double-click info.plist to open the document in notepad) there is nothing there. I've changed all the permissions to 755 and it still doesnt work.

Next, I found the apps on Installer and tried doing it through that. However, instead of the typical: installing...cleaning up... then returning to installer, it cuts short and takes me back to the home page without installing the app. When I check the files on Winscp they are either not there or only partially there, with the size 0 problem as I explained above.

Anybody else have this problem? I'm stumped and could really use yall's help. Thanks in advance.
  2. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

sounds like you already ran out of disk space, use Boss Tool and move your apps to the media partition
  3. swoozy

swoozy New Member

Where would I find the Boss Tool?
  4. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

5. swoozy

swoozy New Member

OK, I added that source and found the Boss Tool app, but I still can't install it. I went through and deleted several old apps to try to make room for it, but it still wont install. What should I do?
  6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

open bosstool go to free disk space and choose move apps. This will fix the problem.
  7. swoozy

swoozy New Member

That's what I'm saying, I can't download BossTool. However I did just check Winscp and it looks like it downloaded, however it's not on my iPot. Now what?
  8. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

remember, you dont have disk space yet. First delete a couple of Apps thats size add up to 4mbs or more. After you do that then you can download boss tool
  9. swoozy

swoozy New Member

EDIT: Got it!!

You guys are great, thanks so much!!