Having problems witht he new jailbreak (1st attempt failed)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by AClb5, Jun 24, 2009.

1. AClb5

AClb5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was attempting to go straight from 2.2.1 firmware into a 3.0 firmware jailbreak without going from 2.2.1 to 3.0 to 3.0 JB. I used redsn0w 0.72 and placed my iPod into DFU mode and then followed the sticky for windows JB and it got stuck on the Green Arrow pointing at the hard drive for ten minutes, so I unplugged, and tried to get it into DFU so I could retry. I haven't been able to get into DFU mode and I am getting the connect to iTunes screen. iTunes isn't even showing my device as being connected and my iPod powers down instantly from CTI screen randomly it seems. I've tried many different methods for DFU and can't get anything to work, I can't get it into restore mode either. Any ideas?
  2. MacPwn

MacPwn Banned

All you do is update to fresh 3.0 firmware. Then you use redsn0w.
  3. AClb5

AClb5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I can't get my iPod to be recognized, can't get it into restore, and can't get it into DFU mode, how am I supposed to get it to the base 3.0 firmware?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'll restate this to make it clear if anyone is reading this lol. I dumped the 3.0 IPSW through redsn0w onto a 2.2.1 2G iPod and it got stuck in mid jailbreak and I can't get into DFU.
  4. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This is what you get when you don't read the instructions

Please Register or Log in to view images

Make sure you have iTunes 8.2

DFU = Plug in your iPod touch

Hold Home + Power button for 10 seconds

Release Power but contuine holding home for another 10

Restore to 3.0 then rejailbreak with redsn0w

If that does not work, search
  5. bound_by_da_key

bound_by_da_key New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ruamrudee, is right. You paid your price for being stupid, next time, READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
  6. AClb5

AClb5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really wierd but after about 2 hours of trying random stuff I plugged my iPod back in and iPod recognized it so I restored it to 2.2.1 and now I'm updating to 3.0 non JB. Thread closed I guess, IDK what the heck was going on though or how I fixed my problem.
  7. BigPun4EVER

BigPun4EVER New Member

My friend's a hardcore gamer, he was playing TTR2 on my IPT and he cracked my screen....

I wouldve punched him in the face, str8 tyson style I don't like people playing on my phone !! I KEEPS IT REAL!!!